We have coordinated an exciting site visit/ work day with HistoriCorps at one of their current projects, the Hessie Cabin, located near Nederland, Colorado! They have graciously offered to host us for the afternoon to see the building and learn about their work on the site over the last few years (including dismantling the building, constructing a new foundation, reconstructing the structure, and refinishing the interior). They would also love to have our help in wrapping up any miscellaneous tasks that they have remaining. Check out this link for more history on Hessie Cabin and the current project!
- Date: Sunday, September 25th
- Time: 11:30 am
- Meet at the Hessie Trailhead located here: Hessie Trailhead Map
- Please note that parking near the trailhead can be difficult on weekends due to the popularity of numerous hiking trails in the area. There is a free, 10-minute long shuttle that leaves approximately every 15 minutes from the Nederland Middle-Senior High School parking lot that participants are encouraged to utilize
- Items to bring: Personal work clothes, work gloves, water, and snacks
- RSVP: Please RSVP on the form at the link 2022 Hessie Cabin RSVP Form by Friday September 16th.
Following the on-site tour and work, we will adjourn to nearby Nederland for a happy hour. Please note due to the remote nature of this site, there will be no virtual option for attendance. We hope to see you there!